Registration of security guards
Who must register as security guards?
The Security Industry Regulation Act, 2001 (PSIRA Act)
Persons rendering the following services are required to register:
- Guarding sector: static guarding, car guards, in-house guarding, close protection officers, response security, assets in transit, event security.
- Manufacturers, importers and distributors of monitoring devices.
- Private investigators.
- Security trainers.
- Control room operators (monitoring signals from electronic security equipment)
- Persons managing, controlling or supervising any of these security services.
- Installers of the different security equipment.
- Persons repairing and/or servicing the different security equipment.
- Persons giving advice on security services, including the use of the different security equipment.